Tuesday, February 08, 2011

R2P2D18

R2 Start Weight = 187.0
Today's Weight = 180.0
Total R2 Loss = -7.0

Today has been such a hard day! Got the news that my cousin passed away :( Rephrase.. My 18yr old cousin passed away. I'm having such a hard time swallowing this sad loss. I still haven't told my oldest (who was very close to her) because I'm waiting for her to get home from work. Not sure how to find the words...

Shay (RIP) and Amiyah (my oldest)

My mother and I (and hopefully my oldest) will be making a quick trip to California on Thursday. We will be going by train (OMG!!!) because the cost for the 3 of us to fly on such short notice is just unreasonable right now. The cost for the train is more than 1/2 the airfare.

Question - I need some good travel foods. We will be w/out a stove/oven/microwave for about 24 hours. Once we get to Cali, I'm sure I will be able to stick to P2 "friendly" foods. I only have 8 days left! I've even thought about just making today my last injection, but my mother is on R1P2 and she can't quit now. I might as well stay on so we can support eachother. Any ideas/help is greatly appreciated!

BTW - I think my family is due a break. We've had our fair share of tragedy! 3 unexpected, YOUNG deaths w/in the last 6 months is enough!!!! All due to accident or natural causes. Just not right!

5 comments:

Lis said...

Wow, will be thinking of you as you travel... so hard to lose a young life. :(

Fruit will be easy. Try hardboiled eggs in a cooler, you can freeze your meat and let it thaw in an insulated bag with a cool pack - I have done that and it works pretty good. For your injections you can put them in a thermos frozen (Are you doing IM?) and they thaw fast once you take them out of the thermos. Veg take cucumbers or tomatoes and peel/cut them as you go... easier than any of the others that have to be cooked. bring lots of water!!
GOod luck traveling - have never gone by train

Lis said...

BTW if you freeze your injections leave an air space for it to expand! And then be sure to get the air bubble out before you inject!

Darby said...

Schatzi, omg! Was this a total surprise? Wow, I have few words right now. Sending you love.

Darby

Caitlin said...

I am so very, very sorry. :( This is just heartbreaking, I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. My heart and thoughts go out to you and your family.

Amy said...

Wow, I had no idea this was the reason for your Cali trip. I am so sorry for this loss and the others that have come too soon.

Post a Comment